Emmitsburg Veterinary Hospital offers boarding for dogs and cats so that you can leave your pet in total comfort at our full service kennel. (Doggie Daycare is also available. Please call 301-447-6237 for more information.)
At Emmitsburg Veterinary Hospital, we try to make your pet's vacation a special occasion. We know the decision to board your pet can be an anxious time for you and your special friend. Our boarding facility provides a comfortable and relaxing home away from home for your pet when you need to be away on business, vacation or an emergency.
We pay special attention to assure your pet is safe and comfortable.
Boarders at our facility enjoy the following amenities:
- Immaculately Clean Cages and Runs
- Owner Visits and Tours of the Facility
- Outdoor Leash Walks
- A Clean & Comfy Atmosphere
- Fresh Bedding & Daily Housekeeping
- Spacious Kennels
- Individualized Care
- Convenient Hours
We also offer peace of mind:
- Attentive Staff
- Individual Playtime
- Extra Treats
- Daily Veterinary Observations
- Veterinary Medical Services if needed
- All the Comforts of Home!
We also offer play time for dogs who are boarding with us, at an additional cost. This includes positive dog-to-dog interaction in a supervised setting, promoting mental and physical health through daily exercise.
For our canine guests who prefer individual interaction due to health or behavioral concerns, we will provide one-on-one time with a member of our caring staff at the same cost.
- Dogs must be current on the following vaccines – Distemper, Rabies and Bordetella
- Cats must be current on the following vaccines – Distemper (FVRCP) and Rabies Vaccine
- All pets must be free from internal and external parasites*
*If parasites are found (including fleas and ticks) on your pet, they will be treated as Emmitsburg Veterinary Hospital determines and the cost of the treatment will be added to your total bill.
Please feel free to fax your pet's vaccine history to us at 301-447-3756 prior to arrival. We look forward to your pet's vacation!
Pet Boarding - Frequently Asked Questions
What should I bring?
- We provide a diet by Purina, which is easily digested. If you wish to have your pet's regular food, please bring it along with you at the time of check in labeled with your pet’s name.
- We DO NOT recommend bringing toys or bedding for your pet. While they are supervised the majority of the time there are times when they will be alone. We do not want any incidence of them chewing toys or bedding while unsupervised.
- We will provide them bedding and toys. If we are not your primary veterinary, please bring along proof of current vaccinations.
When is drop off and pick up?
Anytime during our regular business hours you may drop off your pet. Pick up is after 10:00 am so that your pet can receive a complimentary bath. If you need to pick up earlier, please be aware a complimentary bath may not be given unless prior arrangements are made. If you pick up after 1 pm you will be charged for that day of boarding.
What happens in the case of an emergency?
When you arrive with your pet we will get any pertinent information regarding their care. This includes feeding instructions, medications that need to be administered and emergency contact numbers. In addition to providing us with contact numbers, we also ask you to sign a form instructing us what to do in the event that you are not able to be reached. Rest assured that we will not let your pet go untreated or suffer in anyway.
Can my dog play with other dogs while here?
The Emmitsburg Veterinary Hospital staff works hard to match potential play mates. Dogs are put into groups according to size and temperament. Any pet showing aggression toward another pet is automatically removed from the group and provided with individual playtime.
Who is responsible for lost belongings?
Emmitsburg Veterinary Hospital is not responsible for lost belongings if you choose to bring any bedding or toys from home. At times pets like to share toys with their neighbors through the fence or they get lost in the shuffle of changing kennels. We provide toys and bedding for your pets so the only things you need to bring are special food and medications. If you do choose to bring personal items from home, please make sure to label them with your pets name.